Woodcroft Athletic Association Parent Conduct Policy
Woodcroft Athletic Association (“WAA”) is a recreational basketball league whose mission is to provide a positive outlet for children to learn the game of basketball and play in competitive games against their peers. The league provides equal playing time to all players, and coaches are required to adhere to this policy. The league expects that all coaches and players will abide by the rules of their respective division and play within the bounds of good sportsmanship. It is essential that parents help reinforce good sportsmanship by modeling this behavior in their roles as parents and spectators. As part of your child’s participation in WAA you hereby agree to the following:
1) I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, and spectators at every game or practice.
2) I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
3) I will respect the officials and will refrain from negative comments towards them.
4) I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
5) I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
6) I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
7) I will be responsive to communications from my child’s coach.
8) I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
9) I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
10) I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
11) I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12) I will be responsible for the behavior of any guests or family members and ensure they meet the expectations for behavior.
13) I will notify the league if I observe a coach or parent who is failing to live up to the above expectations or whose actions are detrimental to the health and well-being of any child.
14) I will follow the rules and regulations of the venue in respect to public health and safety.
15) I understand that not abiding by any of the rules of the league or venue may lead to suspension or expulsion from the league and forfeiture of any monies paid